Direct Debit Payment Plan
Direct Debit Payment Plan is a pre-arrangement between BEL and a customer and local banks in which a said amount will be deducted from the customer’s Savings, Checking, or Check Savings Account to pay a customer’s electricity bill.
How does it work?
- The customer will authorize the local bank or financial institution to deduct an agreed sum from their bank account as determined by the amount on the electricity bill.
- The local bank or financial institution informs BEL of the request.
- On a monthly basis, BEL will provide the bank or financial institution with the amount due on the Customer’s electricity bill.
- The amount on the electricity bill will be deducted from the Customer’s bank account (and will be paid to BEL).
What do customers need to do?
- Customers are asked to fill out a form, which can be obtained from Belize Bank, Scotia Bank, or from BEL’s Customer Care Office at BEL’s Corporate Headquarters, 2 1/2 Miles Northern Highway.
- Customers can also call BEL toll free at 0-800-BEL-CARE to request that a form be mailed to them.
- The completed and signed form should be returned to BEL’s Customer Services Department.
Once the above has been done, the process is considered complete and the customer’s monthly electricity bill will be paid as described above.